As this month raps up and we look to June, you may have missed some of our great blogs, links, pictures, and posts on Facebook. Big Ideas Learning recaps content posted throughout the month of May in this month’s Social Media Recap.
- Ending The Year On A Strong Note – “Teachers, don’t let your hard work fade as the school year closes and summer begins. Take and use these tips to help you reflect and plan for the new school year.”
- Guest Blog – Russ Webber “Math Geek, Part II” – “I am a Math Geek, and proud of it. I am going to strive to be the best Math Geek I can be. I owe that to Big Ideas Math.”
- In The News: Flappy Math Saga
Helpful links & articles:
- Math and the Movies Resource List
- Things You Learn Your First Year Teaching
- SUMMER GAME – My Dear Aunt Sally
- Mathematical Practice Posters
As this month raps up and we look to February, you may not have had a chance to catch up or see our great links, pictures, and posts on Facebook and Twitter. Big Ideas Learning recaps content posted throughout the month of January to Facebook, Twitter, and our blog in this month’s Social Media Recap.
- Guest Blog – Lou Montiel: “Out With The Old..” – “The pendulum swings, the twelfth bell rings, the ball drops, and just like that it’s a new year!”
- Flipped Classroom – “In a flipped classroom technology is used to enhance student learning outside the classroom and class time is focused on understanding and delving into lesson topics in much more depth.”
Our YouTube channel for Big Ideas Learning has just been updated! Previously, you’ve had access to multiple videos featuring Laurie Boswell, co-author of the series, at work in her classroom. With the recent updates, you can also view videos that give you more detail about the Big Ideas Learning math series and how to use it. Visit our BIL YouTube channel and let us know what you think of the videos!