This activity can be found in the 6th grade (Green) Big Ideas Math textbook on page T-330
1. Make eleven number cards using 3 x 5 index cards. Write the integers -5 to 5 on the cards.
2. Ask 11 students to stand in front of the room. Each student holds one card and faces their classmates who are seated. Tell them you will describe a set of numbers and if their number is in the set described, they should take one step forward.
3. “If your number is [sample] take one step forward on the word go.”
4. Samples: greater than 2, less than or equal to 1, at least -1, at most 3
5. This introduction helps to connect the vocabulary to the graphs that students will be drawing.